Your guide will provide an introduction to classical mythology in the courtyard of the Rubens House. Rubens purchased this house when he moved back to Antwerp after having spent eight years in Italy. He was inspired by antique architecture and the classical mythology which he learnt about in Italy for the renovation of the house.
For the second part of the tour we moved to Kolveniershof, which is located behind the Rubens House. Here you can see the recently restored ceiling painting "The Gods of Mount Olympus". This ceiling painting is brimming with aspects of Antiquity. The guide will use this ceiling painting to illustrate and explain the ancient world of the gods.
- The ancient world of the gods is the starting point for this guided tour.
- Duration 90 minutes
- Price for the guide: € 75 + € 5 administration fee
- Maximum 15 people per guide.
- Suitable for general and arts students in secondary education
- Tour for young people aged 14 years or over
- Admission Rubens House: free for classes under the supervision of a teacher.
15, Grote Markt
phone + 32 3 232 01 03
The offices are open from Monday until Friday from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Closed on Saturday and Sunday.