- Winter 2021: Garden Works Phase 1
- January 2022–January 2024: Hopland Newbuild
- Mid-2022–December 2023: Rubens House Works
- Autumn 2023–spring 2024: Garden Works Phase 2
- 2024: Interior Works Hopland Newbuild and Rubens House
- In the course of 2024: opening of upgraded Rubens House
An important lever for the development of the master plan is a grant from Tourism Flanders of just under 3 million euros. The subsidy is a contribution to a total vision for the artist’s home and surroundings, drawn up in close consultation with the Flanders Heritage Agency.
The City of Antwerp is backing this integrated plan with a generous investment. In the current policy period, for instance, 17 million euros will be spent on the new building at 13 Hopland, the remodelling of the museum garden, the reversal of the museum route and the elimination of a number of bottlenecks in the artist’s home.